Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 2 - 3




I have been on this trip for two days, and it is okay I guess. But I would never think that we would be driving for so long! The only thing that makes me not to pass out of boredom is the books and the scenery. But for some reason I am having fun. The wildlife is nice. I saw a moose and a lot of cows and other animals.

We listened to To Kill A Mockingbird.

Dad's Entry

Daelan is pretty worn out so I'm going to submit a post. Day 2 ended at our good friends' house in Linden, AB. We veered off our intended route to avoid a snow storm in central Sask. The next day, we crossed the border in southwest Alberta at a crossing called Wild Horse. The border guards thought the purpose of our trip and the location of our crossing peculiar, but let us through. When asked how the highway was ahead, the border guard said he didn't know but said that we were headed into a storm.

There was no storm, at least not immediately. After about an hour heading south, we got onto US Route 2 heading east through northern Montana. We quickly learned that this was the route that early explorers, Lewis and Clark took both going to and coming back from the Pacific Coast in the early 1800s. There were lots of historic points along the road pointing out that so and so local outlaw died here and outlining the local cattle brands. Exciting stuff for me, not so much for the kid. The highlight for him was a stop at a dinosaur museum in Malta, Montana.


The end of the day took us into North Dakota and a restless night sleeping in the car near Minot, North Dakota as the heavens flashed, rumbled and dropped hail on the metallic roof of our trusty Subaru. Perhaps this was the storm that the border guard was talking about.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, guys, we thought you were driving, not flying. You've sure covered a lot of road. Grumpy says he hopes you don't think those were moose in the picture - they're elk! Daelan, what was the best part of the dinosaur museum? Maybe you can stop long enough for a haircut. Drive safely and stop once in a while to enjoy your surroundings.
    Love, Ami and Grumpy

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey daelan it tayler all i wanted to say was hi soo hugs hugs hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. you must be enjoying skipping school

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, how was the Dinosaur Museum, Daelan ?!?
    And that's good that you are enjoying the Sceanery, when ever I go on a long trip, time always passes me by when I look at our Beautiful nature. I hope your having fun so far, from what you have wroten' it seems to be GREAT ! We really miss you, ( We, as in me and Jimmmy. ) We can't wait intill your home ! Keep on writing... Have you ever thought of being a Author? Your really good at writing. When you get back, you should make a Msn or Facebook, because in the Summer, when I go to India and Turkey, I want to talk to you and tell you about my trip. (: Well, I'm going to go now, I'm going to the Park with Alex.. She says '' Hey Daelan, Ausha REALLY misses you ! Hhahahah '' Well, I better go, before she goes nutss ! Haha (: Bye, Ausha.

    ReplyDelete